The Next Generation trading platform has seen considerable change in the last 12 months and we are pleased to announce our first major upgrade of 2013. The first thing you will notice is a more premium look and feel, which will help to optimise the use of space on your trading platform.
This new look, combined with Client Sentiment data on all instruments, Multiple Layouts that make our customisable dashboard five times bigger, a range of charting upgrades and general usability improvements, make this release one of our most significant yet. All of these new features have been implemented in addition to our January upgrade to a more comprehensive Reuters News service and the addition of over 1,500 new equities in February.
When trading it is important to make the most of the limited space our computer and laptop screens can offer, so in addition to our new Multiple Layouts feature (read more on this below), we have redesigned our tables and modules to offer our clients the ability to fit more of the important things on one screen. The new colour scheme is also simpler, allowing information to appear sharper and more vibrant.
Available in our comprehensive product Factsheets, Client Sentiment gives you an insight into what percentage of other CMC Markets clients are long or short on a particular product. You can sort Client Sentiment by ‘All’ clients or by only our ‘Top’ clients. Top clients are successful clients with an open position in the product you’re looking at who have made an overall account profit over the last three months (minus spreads and commissions).
When you view the Client Sentiment for a particular product, you will also be able to see other products that are being traded by clients that have open positions in the main product.
Client Sentiment is available for live clients on both our web-based and mobile trading platforms.
You can now create and save up to five different layouts within the Next Generation Platform and switch between them quickly and easily via a new icon in the main dock. The easy-to-use Layout Manager allows you to choose between ’Auto Save’ or ‘Manual Save’ . You also have the ability to copy favourite layouts, reset layouts, and name and rename your layouts to help you easily identify what each layout displays.
New CMC Markets clients will find three pre-set layouts already created for them when they first log in to the Platform. These include a default layout with popular products in a Watchlist, a chart layout with six different styled charts, and a trading ideas layout. The Platform will remember which layout you were last displaying on each PC or laptop that you use.
We are continually developing our advanced charting package to provide our clients with the best user experience possible. On top of useful existing features like in-built pattern recognition software and regular analyst contributions to our Chart Message Boards, we have now added a number of new features:
- You can now trade from full screen mode.
- The reset chart option available in full screen mode allows you to return the chart back to the exact position it was in prior to making it full screen, for easier layout management.
- New dynamic line options, including ’Previous Close Line’ (set at 10pm GMT) and a client determined ‘Specific Time Line’.
- You can now add four studies to each chart instead of three.
- The ‘Set as default’ chart option now provides more information on what settings are being saved.
- You can now hide drawing tool values in the price axis.
- New premium axis design, with more traditional border and prices centred to the gridlines.
- Price axis scaling is now contained in the price axis by dragging the mouse up or down. The +/- symbols at the bottom of the chart are now zoom functions for time frame
- You can choose different colours for the direction of moving averages (up and down) in settings.
- Change the Gridline Shading colour to make viewing alternating time periods even easier.
- Manage chart presets through the new Preset Manager. You can open, delete, save changes and rename your charts. Simple drag-and-drop functionality allows you to reorder important presets so they appear at the top of the list.
- Vertical line drawing tool updates allow you to change line colour, change line type and width, and extend the line into studies.
- The crosshair tool now appears over all other values in both the price and time axis
- Fixed Fibonacci Extension bug – you can now alter the levels again.
Account module updates
- Apart from the new look and feel there have been a number of other enhancements to the Account module.
- A ‘close all’ button has been reintroduced at the product level so you can now close all trades using the red close out ‘x’ in the parent row. Maximum trade quantity applies so if total position size exceeds this level, the close out ‘x’ will be disabled.
- Clients now have the choice to bring up Position, Orders and History modules individually or simply tab between each in one module to save space.
- Account History CSV now includes payment pop-up information
- Product Library search field added to top of module when advanced search filter is closed.
- A new icon in the lower dock notifies clients if the Platform is connected to the internet.
- Ability to open more order tickets at once (limit increased from 6 to 10).
- Resize modules from any side or corner for easier layout management.
- Stop Entry and Limit orders have been separated on the order ticket so clients ensure they are entering the trade they want
- Hover mouse over revised figures in the economic calendar to view ‘revised from’ value.
- Simple Platform Restore button in Preferences to restore Platform settings to default.
- Previous night’s financing rate is now available in the factsheet for applicable products.
- To help you manage live data fees when not trading (in addition to rebates for active clients), the Platform will remove any subscriptions automatically if you don’t have a position or pending order open in that market at the end of the month.
Multi-chart view allows clients to view four charts at a time for products within a Watchlist. With all analysis automatically saved, this is a great way to scan the markets for opportunities.
- The quote panel view of Watchlists within the iPad has been updated to reflect the same look and feel as the web-based Platform. This brings performance figures such as % change, points change, daily high and low and live spread into this view.
- Swipe between modules within the iPhone app. Instead of using the main menu, simply swipe left or right on the screen to switch between the Product Library, Watchlists and your Account summary
- Android chart settings are now saved to Watchlists. Perform your analysis and have the Platform automatically save this for you so you can view it the next time you look at that product.
- As you can see the Next Generation trading Platform never stops progressing. As traders’ needs evolve so too must the Platform and we are fully committed to making sure this happens. We have received considerable amounts of feedback from our clients via the online Feedback form and we continue to encourage our clients to tell us what they like and what they think needs improvement. The majority of Platform development work, including many of the features in this release, is based on collated, categorised and prioritised client feedback.
We hope you enjoy the update as much as we enjoyed building it for you. Watch this space for further updates in 2013 it’s going to be an exciting year of development.
The Client Sentiment feature is for general information only, is historical in nature and is not intended to provide any form of trading or investment advice – it must not form the basis of your trading or investment decisions.