Innovation, speed & security
CMC Markets has been at the forefront of online trading technology since launching back in 1989. Next Generation is our latest range of online and mobile trading software that’s been specifically designed for the active trader community, focussing on key features like execution within milliseconds, reliable pricing, accessibility and security.
Along with our highly competitive pricing we provide clients with a wide range of advanced trader tools including Price Depth Ladders, Order Boundaries, Analyst Insights, Chart Message Boards, live economic calendar, Portfolio Mixer (CFD only) and our Pattern Recognition Scanner.
All features are fully integrated into the web platform to help you spot trading opportunities as and when they happen.
Key platform features
Manage trading opportunities and their inherent risks more efficiently with our range of advanced order ticket options and risk management tools:
- Market, limit and stop entry orders
- Link take profit, stop loss and trailing stop loss orders easily
- Automatically suggested stop loss (optional)
- Price Depth Ladders on all products allows for large trade sizes in one transaction
- Order Boundaries give you control over your entry price and prevents unwanted slippage
- Customisable margin (CFD only)
- Trade directly from the charts
- A comprehensive range of order ticket preferences allowing you to set up default order tickets on asset classes as a group or individual products.
Our charting package is fully integrated within the Next Generation trading platform and offers our clients professional technical analysis features and functions.
- Up to 20 years’ worth of price history
- Over 80 different technical indicators - including the popular Pivot Points & Ichi Moku Clouds
- Pattern Recognition Scanner - scan 9 common chart patterns and over 60 candle formations.
- Chart Message Boards – this online community allows you to browse, create, rate, comment and copy analysis directly onto your live charts.
- Comparison Charts – simple drag and drop functionality to compare prices of 2 or more instruments
- Automatic save function – available on all analysis opened through a watchlist
- Default layouts – create and save as many different pre-sets as you like
- Trade directly from charts - see live trades and risk management levels over price action
- Advanced chart types - including Kagi, Renko, 3 Line Break, Point and Figure, Heikin-Ashi and spread charts
- Chart customisation - from candle colours, chart extensions and gridline options to active pointers, axis labelling, background colours and more
Comprehensive support tools
Finding the right trading opportunities can be a timely process if you don’t have the information at your fingertips so we've integrated a whole host of helpful decision making tools directly into our platforms.
- Product Factsheets – available for all instruments so you can view trade information such as trading hours, ability to short, commission and financing rates, live spreads and more
- Intuitive product library – not only can you browse by full product name but now you can search for nicknames, stock codes, sector, country and even performance and volatility whilst watching the results appear in real time. Performance and volatility measures can also be sorted by time range from live (daily) to various intervals up to one year.
- Watchlists – save as many as you like and have them sync across your web and mobile platforms. Watchlists include performance measures such as daily high/low values and percentage/points change. You can filter these performance figures to create mini heat maps of what’s moving in the market.
- Range of mobile trading platforms – we're available for your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Our mobile trading platforms offer easy trade execution, advanced mobile charting, push price alerts, news, insights and much more.
- Create your own trading dashboard – trading is personal and, with us, you can set up your trading screen any way you like, simply using our drag and drop feature.
- Economic calendar – with this function you can stay informed about live announcements and previous forecasts. We built the economic calendar with its own countdown clock and alert functionality so you never have to miss an announcement again.
- News and Market Insights - provided by our team of in-house experts in conjunction with the worldwide resources of Dow Jones Newswire
- Pattern Recognition Scanner – this tool can sort through 120 of the top traded instruments over all asset classes to find both emerging and completed patterns and we've integrated it right into the platform. You can see results on live, updating charts and then fully back test the results to see historical success rates of any breakouts.
- Portfolio Mixer (CFD Only) – create your own mix of products by dragging and dropping into our mixer and then decide on overall weighting of those products and the direction of trade.The platform will show you a summary of your portfolio’s historical performance.
- Online education zone – including platform, product & trading strategy videos alongside our Trading IQ modules which provide a complete, illustrated guide to trading on our platform.
- Live help – live users can access our client service team at any time through the ‘Live Help’ icon within our platform
- Feedback – we're always working on ways to improve our service and you can notify us at any time via the inbuilt feedback module.